Many of us envy friends or relatives who are able to bake tasty cakes and pastries. We sometimes said to ourselves “I want to bake that cake too”. Then again, in case you haven’t baked a cake in your life, chances are you will ignore this thought instantly as you might imagine that baking is complicated and cumbersome. You may not know how to bake a simple cake, or worst still, do not know how to begin at all. What are the basic equipment and accessories that you should buy before you can start off your baking experience?
Here’s a listing of baking equipment and accessories that you need to buy if you’re seriously thinking about learning to bake.
1. Conventional Oven: The very vital tool in baking a cake or other goodies is definitely the conventional oven. This really is not the same as your microwave since microwave ovens are merely for heating, reheating or browning of food while conventional oven are for roasting, baking and many more. Even though, it may cost a lot, finding the best one is really a very good investment.
2. Kitchen mixer: It’s a very useful tool whenever you don’t want to exhaust your hand with mixing and want to have consistency in what you are baking. This is a time-saving appliance since you can easily mix your dough, frosting and many others with the help of it. You could freely choose from stand mixers or hand mixers yet these varies with attributes and cost.
3. Weighing scales: Estimation is just not in the vocabulary of baking. You should stick to the accurate amount of ingredients as mentioned in the recipe. The real key to a successful cake is consistency and accuracy so it’s therefore a really necessary instrument.
4. Measuring cups and spoons: Apart from the measuring scale, you also must have these things because many ingredients are based on cup and spoon measurements. The cup set include ¼. 1/3, ½ and 1 cup. While the spoon set are sold with ½ tsp, 1tsp, ¼ tbsp, 1/3 tbsp, 1/2 tbsp and 1 tbsp. These baking tools are all around in your local stores.
5. Baking pan: Needless to say, where else are you going to put your mixture however in a baking pan. You could find pans in several forms such as square, rectangle, heart, round, bear shape and much more. In case you are just starting, pick the basic shapes like round and square. You will also find spring form pans that permit you to easily detach the bottom portion. These are suitable for soft textured cakes like cheesecakes.
You’ll probably have to invest about USD 300 to 500 to buy the above fundamental baking equipment and tools. This small investment is worthwhile if you want to acquire the skill of baking. You are going to experience the joy of baking after you make the very first cake successfully.